Announcing BYC Golden Feather Memberships

OK in going through pages and pages of posts (now I am still very new to this) I have noticed that Administrators names are in Green, Moderators names are in a kind of Reddish/Brown, Golden Feathers Members are (um) Gold (
big_smile.png
) and most of the other user names are in Blue. I have a question. Are there any other colors and what do they represent?

And a possible idea: If you can put the users name in different colors.

Can you and why not put the Administrators and Moderators (that are Golden Feathers Members) title in Gold to show they are?
idunno.gif
Just an idea.

We're always running different contests:

Coop Contest

Incubator Contest

Guess members contest

and also want to do more great contests like the recent hugely successful Trivia Challenge.

We want to do more and more contests because we LOVE to give stuff away.

If you have a great idea for a contest (especially ones that will help grow the site and build content for the site) please pm me with your idea.

woot.gif

*L*A*G* :

is there a way to win a golden feather? if so how do u?

Nifty is right. However there are other ways. This forum is the kind of place where what goes around comes around. Anonymous gifting is very "in".

People who are very friendly and helpful to others, who offer well researched medical or legal advice, or who have some other means of giving to others and enriching them, stand a pretty good chance of having someone else to buy a membership and give it to them as a surprise gift. Most of the giving seems to be anonymous. The person receiving the membership often has no idea who sent it, and because he or she has helped or inspired so many other people it's probably hard to guess where the gift came from.

I'm not suggesting that a person run around and do nice things for others hoping to get something out of it. The kind of person who gets gifted is the person who brings good things to the lives of others. They're almost always surprised when karma comes around for them in a good way, because they're so used to giving to others and helping others even when they're struggling themselves. Judging by some of the posts, some of the gifts seem to arrive at just the right time.

I've read that people who do a lot of gifting have a tendency to receive a free membership from BYC.com, either to keep or to give away, so one way to win a membership would be to do a lot of gifting to others. I'm not sure what constitutes "a lot".

It's also possible to buy Golden Feather membership for oneself. That's what I did and it seems to be a good value.​

I had received a gift membership from another member but I haven't received any information on it. Is this something that just happens or is there communication from an administrator, etc?

Enquiring minds want to know.....

Julie

Quote:
Nifty is right, we just moved and are still unpacking. THe nice man from the phone company just got my internet hooked up and I am catching up. I know htere are some BYC store orders and Golden Feather memberships to get updated, so have patience and I will get it done ASAP!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom