BYC Staff
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
Last edited:
Quote:
Very good point, and for anybody interested, this should satisfy your inner geek:

We have a server in a fully managed datacenter. The facility has state of the art power redundancy, industrial cooling, continuous battery power, industrial-class generators, and over a ton of cooling capacity per individual server rack. It also has top notch security & fire suppression.

I have full root access to the server and can do almost anything remotely (most via a linux prompt) that you could do at the actual machine (reboot, install applications, etc). The only stuff I can't do (swap hard drives, pull the power cord, etc.) can be done by the 24/7 onsite staff.

The server is a Dual Xeon 3 GHz processor (two quad cores = 8 CPUs) with SCSI HardDrives in RAID 10 with dual gigabit network interfaces.

Oh, and I'm pretty picky about backups too: img/smilies/big_smile.png" alt="big_smile" />">http://www.nifty-stuff.com/daily-mysql-database-backup.php

My inner geek is quite pleased. I now use linux strictly (slackware) and my boy friend has run a small server or two in the past for games.

I have no inner geek! But the next payday or two,,,, I'll be Golden Feather,,, I feel like I'm back at summer camp trying to earn feathers! Maybe if I'm a financially contributing member I'll feel more comfortable making some suggestions,, and they can't laugh at me!!
lol.png

PS: Wouldn't this be a nice way to give someone else a gift?? No I don't mean me! LOL but there are so many people who are so helpful on here and it's also cheaper than a swap!

Last edited:
I just purchased my GFM. I felt that it was only right to do so, as I receive FAR more value just from reading the site than $20. I like to support places and people that help me.
yippiechickie.gif

However, silly me didn't know to put my username in the comments.
barnie.gif
Oh Nifty, can you please associate the membership I bought with my profile? Many thanks.
bow.gif

Great question and we're still working out the details of very rare things like that.

If banned, you'd loose access to the forum which includes everything in that section. Depending on when the ban happened you could probably get a refund, but we haven't finalized that yet.

Back
Top Bottom