another question about my new rooster I’m obsessed with now

If you have neosporin on hand apply that to the peck marks on his comb to encourage it to heal quickly.
Thank you for that suggestion- I’ve applied it twice today and I do think it’s helping. I don’t think he especially wants me to pick him up but he’s very calm in my lap and pretty tolerant of being tended to.

I’ve never shown an animal so I’m excited to learn!

Swapping roosters IMO by far beats out cock fighting. There is no need for guilt in rearranging a flock to suit you best. Just enjoy what you have and no need to listen to that lady.

Once everyone starts laying, they will all become a single flock, has been my experience. As you cook with your eggs, keep an eye out for the bulls eye. Then you can set with confidence...but before you set a clutch of eggs, do have a plan for the cockerels.

Mrs K
I have finally gotten every one calmed down, A new roo upset my flock they are 3 years old and have never deed a rooster so… after a rough 3 weeks they are finally letting him move around the coop… they are so territorial… but finally they are blending 🐣😢🐔🥚☔🐤✌🏽

Back
Top Bottom