Antibiotic recommendation please

Fernandclucks

Hatching
Mar 29, 2016
Houston
Hi there I'm new to here and have a question. I got to chicks and they are in the brooder under heat lamp. I've had them for a week and the one has come down with upper respiratory infection. Watery eyes and gasps but eats and drinks. The only thing I have on hand right now is amox 250mg capsule. Is this safe ?

Hi and welcome to BYC - I'm sorry that i can't help you out on this one -I live in Kenya and the drugs available here are not always the same as elsewhere. My first suggestion would be to put electrolytes / vitamin supplements in their drinking water as it will help give their immune system a break.

At the same time, I'd suggest you make a re-post of your question in the "emergencies, diseases, injuries and cures" forum to get the best response.

all the best
CT

welcome-byc.gif

While you are waiting to hear from someone on the emergencies forum, separate the wheezy one out from the others so they don't get sick too. Keep the sick one warm and give her a small plush toy for company (they get lonesome by themselves).

Good luck, I hope she'll be ok!

Back
Top Bottom