Antibiotics, Antifungals, Coccidiostats and Wormers - Preliminary

If you want to treat for just roundworms and cecal worms it's 0.23ml per pound once and repeat in ten days. If you want to treat for capillary and gapeworms, it's 0.23ml per pound *five* consecutive days.

Can you take a fecal sample to a vet?

-Kathy

I have only seen one poop with the worms and I washed it away with the hose as it was on my steps lol. Will check the poop board in the morning and see what shows up-The sample I did see had spaghetti type strings in a watery poop but they were not moving so I want to make sure they were worms and not just something she ate. Do they usually poop out the worms a lot? Sorry for all the questions but I really have never run across worms before with my chickens. Thanks Kathy
big_smile.png

I wormed my chickens with Wazine. The bottle says not to eat the eggs or slaughter for meat after dosing. It says not to slaughter for 14 days, but it doesn't give a time for not eating the eggs. Just to be safe, I'm trying to get a definite time frame on not eating the eggs. Help?

I wormed my chickens with Wazine.  The bottle says not to eat the eggs or slaughter for meat after dosing.  It says not to slaughter for 14 days, but it doesn't give a time for not eating the eggs.  Just to be safe, I'm trying to get a definite time frame on not eating the eggs.  Help?

I think most people wait two weeks. Google piperazine egg withdrawal and see what you can find.

-Kathy

Hi! What do you use the pyrantel pomoate (sp?) for with regards to chickens? I was just curious as I have a ton of the stuff I got for the Lab puppies we had. If I can use it for my chickens as well, that would be great. Also, I have read conflicting info on the Corid powder dosage. I have a few chicks I just bought that I think have cocci & one looks really bad. I have quart waterers if that helps. Thanks in advance!

Hi! What do you use the pyrantel pomoate (sp?) for with regards to chickens? I was just curious as I have a ton of the stuff I got for the Lab puppies we had. If I can use it for my chickens as well, that would be great. Also, I have read conflicting info on the Corid powder dosage. I have a few chicks I just bought that I think have cocci & one looks really bad. I have quart waterers if that helps. Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry. I don't know.
I hope someone gets back to you about the pyrant....p..... stuff.

There should be directions on the package; I wouldn't go reading online for directions, personally, I would stick to what the package says.
My Corid says to put 2-1/2 tablespoons in a gallon of water. For a quart, that would be....1-7/8 teaspoons per quart. But I just mix it up in a gallon jug and don't keep it too long.

Pyrantel Pamoate can be used to treat some worms in chickens.

Are referring to the 1/2 teaspoon vs 1.5 teaspoon discrepancy? The 1/2 teaspoon dose is based on some incorrect calculations that someone did years ago. I have done the math several ways, talked to the mfg and weighed the powder. The dose is 1.5 teaspoon per gallon. With a quart waterer, go ahead and use a little less than 1/2 teaspoon.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom