Antibiotics for chickens? Where to find?

hayley3

Free Ranging
16 Years
Aug 16, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
My chicken has finally exhibited rattling sounds so I'm assuming she has an upper respiratory infection, could someone PLEASE tell me where to find antibiotics and what dosages? TIA
She's trying to lay an egg and can't so I thought she was eggbound but when I had her in the bathroom, I could hear her rattley breathing?

EDITED TO ADD: I found the Tylan 50 but I want to inject it, how much if anyone knows, please and thanks!

Last edited:
My chicken has finally exhibited rattling sounds so I'm assuming she has an upper respiratory infection, could someone PLEASE tell me where to find antibiotics and what dosages? TIA
She's trying to lay an egg and can't so I thought she was eggbound but when I had her in the bathroom, I could hear her rattley breathing?

EDITED TO ADD: I found the Tylan 50 but I want to inject it, how much if anyone knows, please and thanks!
Tylan50 can help with symptoms of respiratory illness like Mycoplasma.

I would give it orally instead of by injection. Tylan is known to cause injection sight necrosis, plus it's given 3 times a day for 5 days, that would be 15 needle sticks. Ouch!

To treat respiratory infection, dose is 0.25ml per pound of weight given orally 3 times a day for 5 days in a row.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

Thanks I didn't see those posts. I did manage to get some LA200 in the breast area, considering how thin she is...And later she was sunbathing instead of standing hunched over. But will be surprised if she makes it.

Thanks I didn't see those posts. I did manage to get some LA200 in the breast area, considering how thin she is...And later she was sunbathing instead of standing hunched over. But will be surprised if she makes it.
I hope she improves.
It does sound like she was able to relax and enjoy the sunshine for a little while. Cherished moments:hugs

I hope she improves.
It does sound like she was able to relax and enjoy the sunshine for a little while. Cherished moments:hugs
Thanks..I moved to the city..and have a very shady yard...I thought I could scatter clover among the ivy but nope. So then I planted a wide area of it...Didn't let them on it until it was mature enough so they couldn't pull it out of the ground but they ate that like swarming locusts. So this is my first time without grass and I've lost 3 chickens since June. I do have rats also, something I've never had in all my years of chicken keeping. I never knew how hard it would be to keep chickens in the city even with a huge yard. My next step is planting grass seed, but it will take some time since I have to section off parts of the yard.

Back
Top Bottom