Ants in coop

Quote:
Chickens are funny that way and we have 2 flocks in different coops, one flock eats ants they find except the very small ones and the other flock ignores them...
idunno.gif

Quote:
Chickens are funny that way and we have 2 flocks in different coops, one flock eats ants they find except the very small ones and the other flock ignores them...
idunno.gif

Ants tend to be acidic, so not very many chickens will want to eat them. Also, ants have numbers; their come in volume overload. Food grade DE helps deter them some. We are in a draught down here so the ants sre looking for water.

You all are awesome!! I have DE but don't know if it's food grade. We have a big bag we use on our pool filter--I will check. I will also try the AMDRO.

Thank you!!

I have found that food grade DE does deter ants in the coop as long as they aren't fire ants. For some reason it seems to do nothing for fire ants. I'm going to be trying some Basic H though. My mom used it years ago and if it does kill ants well, that will be awesome!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Yup good stuff and I use it for many things around the ol homestead, only problem with using it as a ant killer is that you have to be there physically spraying them and there are so many in the colony... It does kill most other bugs as well if sprayed on them....

edit spelling again...
th.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom