Any Artists in the house?

Pics
Hello All!
Do any of you know where I can get white rooster feathers?
I need these in particular, ideally tail feathers. I am in the Los Angeles area, and need these for creative/ceremonial purposes.
Would so appreciate any leads.
My thanks!
AbbeAbbe

sorry I'm in Scotland so dont know what there would be in LA/USA but have you tried large fishing/hunting shops? particularly angling supplies places often sell feathers or complete skinned birds, often dyed all sorts of colours for fishermen to use for fly tying. This is the sort of thing you get in the UK: http://www.fishingmegastore.com/fly-tying-feathers_533.html I imagine there will be similar stores over the pond?

Thank you, Xtineart. I appreciate your responding, and will look into the fishing store idea, if I cannot find someone closer to home raising them.
Again my thanks!

New drawing I did tonight on the iPad!

those carved eggs are amazing. wanted to share a wee hen picture I drew during the week for a challenge set by another forum I use.

ta Jwood, find your confidence sweetie. you ARE good enough, but why not try what I did for a bit with some casual volunteering. I used to help out with youth clubs and a drop-in mental health group who loved and appreciated that someone took the time to just 'be'. It didn't make me any money though they paid expenses but it's not the money that you gain, the confidence and the feedback and just to see others blossom is invaluable. I dont have time right now and the chickens take up most of my day but it's a brilliant thing to sign up to.

A lot of art shops love it when a local artist can spend a day in-store demonstrating their products too, they love the increase in sales and you get the publicity, you should ask around. and I dont know if it's something you do but sketch out and about, I have gained loads of interest and work purely by standing in a field at a race-day or a farm show with a sketchbook and a stick of charcoal....you have no idea how much of a curiosity magnet you become to people by just being there drawing stuff.

Oh and I know I've said loads already but dont spend too much cash yourself, if you can get a friend to build a website for payment in paintings or do it yourself, do spend a little on good business cards and your materials/frames etc, but dont pay to enter competitions or craft fairs where you have to pay a lot for a pitch and barely break even.

and finally spend some happy artist time hanging with and painting your own chickens (and any other pets, but mainly chickens) they deserve it.

here's 2 of my babies who posed for me in the summer.

Here is one I just finished for a client.

Just a few of my paintings! I would love to just stay home and paint all day but it doesn't pay the bills! I spend a lot of weekends as a vendor in pet related fairs/festivals and the odd art show to try and get my name out there.

Wonderful pieces, everybody. Keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom