Any Artists in the house?

Pics
But Zimou helped me grow as an artist...he made me understand proportion, value, structure, shapes, etc. He and the rest of the Fine Art staff back at my college are who I give much credit to in shaping me be the artist I am right now.

Had a highschool art teacher like that. He would frequently take away my pencil because I would obsess over some little detail and neglect the overall picture, lol.

Whoa...I think I'll just put my crayons and color book away now.
th.gif
I feel the same

You are all amazing! Shoot, I can't even draw a conclusion or a short straw. But I thought I'd share a couple done by my grandduaghter, Katiebug, who has mild autism. She did these entirely from memory...the first when she was 4 years old. I knew immediately when she brought it over where it was - it's her favorite spot in the whole world. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Katie's first watercolor - it's framed and in my living room with the photo below right under it. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] This was her inspiration...Artist's Point in Yellowstone. We take her several times a year and have to drag her away from this spot. She didn't even have a photograph in front of her when her Mom sat her down with her water colors. Jen wanted to keep her out from underfoot and giving her her paints, crayons, or chalk always works! Again from memory, this time in chalk. I had to search my photos until I found what looked it might be the right spot in the Grand Tetons, another place we take her frequently. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]
At four, that's incredible! She has an amazing sense of depth, I'll wager her visual memory is superb. Even as simple as these are there's depth and a good instinct for color temperatures there. I'm still struggling to get a handle on color temps! Art is an excellent way to cope with sensory processing issues too, it focuses all of that sensory static into something pleasant and productive. Does she like clay or is the texture unpleasant to her? I like sculpey, wet clay and play dough were always uncomfortable for me to work with. Sculpting can be another great outlet for sensory static if the texture doesn't bother her. If I saw this with my boy I'd hand him some chalk or paint anytime he started coming unglued. It certainly helps me but he's more mechanically inclined. Give her a hug from a fellow artist with issues and tell her to keep it up! :hugs

Art isn't my thing, but I sure admire the heck out of anyone else who can do it!  I am a writer, pure and simple.  There is such an inherent beauty in the written word.

I agree! And I wish I could keep my mind in one place long enough to write well. I've done some poetry but that tends to get stuck in my head and won't go away until I write it down, lol! I adore the written word though so I'm going to use my visual art skills to transcribe, illustrate and illuminate a book that is already written. Did I mention that I adore the written word?

Wow! Everyone here are great artists! My art is only so-so compared to everyone else's. I really enjoy doing Star Wars Rebels drawings.

A drawing of one of my White Rock hens

Ahsoka Tano from Star Wars Rebels

A Sith twi'lek

Sabine's helmet from Star Wars Rebels

Kanan Jarrus from Star Wars Rebels

Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean

Ezra Bridger from Star Wars Rebels

Ahsoka Tano from Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Hera Syndulla from Star Wars Rebels

I also have more drawings in my album My Art on my profile.

Last edited:
I can show you two pictures I've done....

This one is called "Hidden in Plain Sight".

This one is "Moon in the Garden".

And this one is "Winter Comes".

Edited to correct: I said I was going to share 2 but instead there are 3. I found the last one while locating the other two and posted it too, but forgot to change the two to a three. Small error, but it's been bugging me!

Last edited:
Thanks...quilting I can do. Painting, drawing, any of that beautiful stuff, not so much. Can't count very well either....that's 3 quilts or I need to go back to kindergarten! Actually I intended to post 2, then found the last one so I added it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom