Any Bob white quail raisers in VA

Mommysongbird

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 17, 2011
Small Town, Virginia
I just found out about a license/permit we have to get to raise bob white quail in VA. Anyone else know about this??? I know it is $12 a year and we have to file paperwork, but is it time consuming??

Hi, I am in South Hill, Va. I have had Coturnix quail for about 3 years now & some Snowflake Bobwhites hatching in the incubator right now. I have never heard of having to have a license! I sell hatching eggs & chicks & eggs. Guess I better look into this! Thanks for posting, Kathy

I live in California and this state usually is about as bad as it gets paperwork wise. While we don't need any permits for coturnix, they do require we have them for bobs, pheasants and chukars. The paperwork takes just a minute usually. It kind of sucks because they want you to list exactly how many birds you will be keeping and hatching etc. and thats a hard to thing to be accurate on. Not that it seems to matter much. A fish and wildlife official came by near the end of the first year, walked around my cages, gave me some literature, and I haven't seen anyone since.

ETA the most accurate info will come from calling your state fish and wildlife office and speaking to someone there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom