Any body ever seen this color?

LostGosling

Songster
9 Years
Jul 11, 2011
I got these as chicks from a breeder who said they were project birds. Has anybody else seen any of these being bred by others, or just seen them around in general?(I feel like I am obligated to breed these just in case I have the only ones ever, but I'm not really set up for it and don't have much funds)

*photo removed per OP's request*

Last edited by a moderator:
D'uccle projects...Mille Fleur, Buff mottled...some type of mix. Don't feel obligated. If the breeder gave you some project birds, chances are they're ones s/he didn't feel were worth breeding on.

Pretty to look at though.

Quote:
Just enjoy the pretty ones you have. If you WANT to hatch out some colorful babies, feel free. But remember, hatching gives you roosters, and you have to have a plan in place to deal with them.

They're Mille Fleur with splash. They will indeed breed true unless the hen there is actually a light blue, which means then they'll partially breed true.
smile.png

Quote:
Just enjoy the pretty ones you have. If you WANT to hatch out some colorful babies, feel free. But remember, hatching gives you roosters, and you have to have a plan in place to deal with them.

Ditto. They look almost like Blue Mille Fleur. The roo doesn't have much of a tail (from what I see in the picture).
I wouldn't breed them.

Enjoy those delightful personalities and enjoy them as eye candy in your yard!

Quote:
He doesn't have a tail because it got broken off when he was penned all the time. He molted a while ago and is starting to grow it back, but I still don't know if it's going to be as long as it should be
hmm.png

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I thought. She gave me all 3 of the project chicks and there supposed father for $5, so she must not have thought too much of them. She had I think 8 adults of the projects, but she sold them all for I think $15 a piece to various, untraceable people. She said that she was just tired of that breed and wanted them gone.

Quote:
I know ALL about the excess rooster placement, lol. That's one of the other many reasons why I haven't tried to turn them into a breeding project.
roll.png
I hatched a dozen mixed d'Uccle eggs a few months ago and only had 2 hens out of the whole bunch
he.gif

Thanks everybody for your input!
big_smile.png
I'm just going to let them live out there lives as cute, spoiled little barnyard ornaments.......maybe, lol. I just web surfed again and still can't find any others like them, and they're so pretty!
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom