any cattle people out there!!!

Quote:
i dont know much about dairy. but my cousins neighbor has jeresys and they are very gentle!

oh and the cattle dont need to be rare... nothing rare about a shorthorn!!

how much milk does your cow produce in a day??
hu.gif

Quote:
i hear ya!!!! we only live on 1and a half acres so my heifer is located at my uncles until we buy the field next to us!! im kinda excitred!!

I have a few cows,
Mickey my Limousin steer,
IMG_3856.jpg

I have Panda, a simmental mix,
Panda005.jpg

Drama is my Brangus heifer,
05-18-1113.jpg

Heinz, my yearling heifer out of Panda and by a brahma/herford bull (? he's not mine, I'm guessing at the breed)
05-18-1110.jpg

Brat, simmental mix mom, and same bull as Heinz,
05-18-115.jpg

My jersey Charlie,
05-18-118.jpg

And lets not forget Whitey, a cull my dad gave me, trying to deside what to do w/ her, if I was smart I'd send her to the sale, or put a bullet in her head, but I guess I'm not smart,
05-18-1128.jpg

And my newest additions (both by the same bull as Heinz and Brat),
Karma, same mom as Drama,
06-24-114.jpg

And Einstein, Charlie's calf that was just born yestereday, he's kind of a dummy, but he's cute!
06-24-112.jpg

I like cow's w/ brahman influence, beefmasters are a favorite! I also love simmentals! I don't dislike angus, but I find the all black to get kind of boring.

Quote:
i dont know much about dairy. but my cousins neighbor has jeresys and they are very gentle!

oh and the cattle dont need to be rare... nothing rare about a shorthorn!!

how much milk does your cow produce in a day??
hu.gif

We get about 6gals a day right now. If we machine milked, we would get a little more. Hand milking isn't as efficient. When we got her (from a local dairy), she was giving around 9gals/day but we simply couldn't keep that up, especially since she was an awful kicker at the beginning. She is quite a bit better now, but still more of a kicker than I care for.

Quote:
Love the first picture with the calf having its tongue in its nose!
lol.png

I also like the one where the Cow is sniffing the calfs head.
smile.png

My grandpa has a couple cows. He did have about 100 but sold almost 90% of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
first off... katy, that chocolate and whit calf is sooo cool. kind of jealous. and Havirus2, what is wrong with whitey? is she a free martin? shes pretty flashy. i like her a lot too.
hmm.png

She has bad feet and she prolapsed a few months before I ended up with her. Don't know what I'm going to do w/ her.

Back
Top Bottom