Quality of stock from Greenfire Farms

The Owlbeards lay more of a regular Large egg. They’re basically white, but not like a sheet of paper white. They do lay well though, as mine are laying daily in the winter. Of my flocks, the Owlbeards are by far and away my favorites. I call them my minions lol. They are incredibly personable and friendly. When you walk in their coop to get eggs, you are quite likely to become a perch- they’ll just straight fly up to your shoulder.

Most of my birds are from Greenfire. I’ve purchased both eggs and chicks and they’ve all been healthy and generally good breed standard, more so than elsewhere. There are some breeds that are quite difficult to get SOP due to the small genetic pool here in the states; like Lieges for instance.
I’d love to see some pics of your Owlbeards!

I’d love to see some pics of your Owlbeards!
IMG_5375.jpeg

Minions carving a pumpkin- they did a pretty good job actually lol

We have purchased both hatching eggs and live birds from Greenfire Farms. I have nothing but respect for them and the work they are doing. Their customer service has been perfect. I am very satisfied with the birds that we have from them and am also satisfied with the hatching rate of the eggs. They are always quick to answer any questions that I have asked.

Back
Top Bottom