Any chance of stopping rooster attacking my dog?

I don't have any knowledge with game birds. Maybe there's something there I'm not aware of.
The added info you provided does make me think tho not to completely separate because then you would have to reintegrate (so to speak) the smaller dog again becoming a stranger. If you decided to keep him, of course.

They see each other through the run - he has a coop attached to a small run, but it's open during the day. I haven't kept any other breed so I don't know what is the norm, he definitely has a fighting spirit but it has only been focused on other non-chicken birds until now. He wasn't just trying to do a hit and run on my dog it was a full fight to the death, he just doesn't know he can't win and only survived because my dog was treating him like a puppy and not trying too hard.

They see each other through the run - he has a coop attached to a small run, but it's open during the day. I haven't kept any other breed so I don't know what is the norm, he definitely has a fighting spirit but it has only been focused on other non-chicken birds until now. He wasn't just trying to do a hit and run on my dog it was a full fight to the death, he just doesn't know he can't win and only survived because my dog was treating him like a puppy and not trying too hard.
Can you post a pic of him?

Can you post a pic of him?
The bird in question is the one at the back (the darkest bird), I sold the other three. He looks a lot nicer in better light, most of his feathers shine green metallic.
IMG_20240119_135858.jpg

Also for curiosities sake here are my dogs, there's Manson wanting to sit in my workshop with me which he often does when it rains. Also the other dog he inexplicably thinks he has a chance at beating in a fight.

Attachments

• IMG_20240404_184859.jpg
    IMG_20240404_184859.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 3
  • received_2549932205088028.jpeg
    received_2549932205088028.jpeg
    373.2 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom