Any every day household items to use for wry neck healing?

fobesy

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
My chick Wavy has wry neck but everything that I've read to fix it was something that my dad would have to buy. He says '' it's just a chick it's going to die'' I truly believe that I can help her. Are there any household items that I can use to cure wry neck? Please help me save Wavy :fl

Last edited:
How old is the chick?

With the chicks I've had that have had the wry neck problem, it's usually a vitamin deficiency. We buy the save-a-chick stuff at Tractor Supply... it's about $3 for a 3 pack and is mixed in with their water. That will help a lot... Also, try breaking vitamin E gel tablets and putting that into the water... or what I find really works is nutri drench. It's about $5 for the bottle and lasts a while. I give my chicks a drop twice a day until I see that they are improving and then cut it back to 1 drop.

Cider vinegar with garlic is another option but more to boost the immune system than cure wry neck and I've been told to not give it to young chicks...

No I've given mine vinegar at about a month. I'm not sure it will help with wry neck though... you really need vitamins for that...

Make sure you dilute the ACV with water. If you have a gallon water container try about 1-2 tablespoons.

Ok! By any chance do you know how long a chick with wry neck can live without any medicine? It might take awhile for me to convince my parents to buy the medicine...

The sooner the better...

With the neck bent like that they have a harder time drinking and eating...

Ok I have a little farm supplies store across the field by my house.... Maybe they'll have something. And I'm helping her eat and drink. She might have it bad... she cant stand she just mostly lays on her side.

If she's not moving much, it may be something more than wry neck... make sure to keep her away from any other chicks you have and wash your hands before and after handling her...

Good luck!!

Thanks for the tips! And she tries to move, she rapidly kicks her feet and she peeps a lot. Is peeping a good thing?

Back
Top Bottom