Any funky breeding?

GermTheoryisAhoax

In the Brooder
Feb 12, 2024
Not in your personal life lol any naked neck mixes though? My silkie boy, Dolph Lundgren got to our Mille Feur D'uccle and oh my... The toes and fuzz. Is this looked down upon or anything? I'm new here. What's your opinion? Pics?

I also must add the personality... Instant pets. One of the chickies I named Cecilia. She's like attached to me. I can't even handle how cute she is. One extra toe, black/blueish skin and orange feathers. On my shoulder right now.

Attachments

• 20240212_230343_HDR~01.jpg
    20240212_230343_HDR~01.jpg
    655.6 KB · Views: 50
Aww, but naked necks are so fun! 🤭 I only managed to hatch one a couple years ago when I bought hatching eggs for them, so I plan to cross her to a Cochin bantam and see what I get. I guess that's my upcoming funky naked neck cross!

View attachment 3746815
Dang, those some interesting eyes!

I really love her eyes! Hopefully her babies have some interesting eyes, too. 😁

They do have a bit more orange in them now than when I took this picture, though.

View attachment 3746844
True blue
Well, they might be a bit orange now but a little inbreeding can intensify the trait in her offspring.

Aww, but naked necks are so fun! 🤭 I only managed to hatch one a couple years ago when I bought hatching eggs for them, so I plan to cross her to a Cochin bantam and see what I get. I guess that's my upcoming funky naked neck cross!

View attachment 3746815
My one is a cuckoo silkie and hoping it's a hen. It's only 2 weeks old so I have 4-5 months until I know. ☺️

True blue
Well, they might be a bit orange now but a little inbreeding can intensify the trait in her offspring.

That would be cool! She's the only bird I've ever owned to have blue eyes past the juvenile stage.

My one is a cuckoo silkie and hoping it's a hen. It's only 2 weeks old so I have 4-5 months until I know. ☺️

Sending girly vibes your way for the little one :fl I feel like the best way to guarantee a pullet is by hoping a particular chick is a cockerel, though. 🤭

Back
Top Bottom