Songster
10 Years
Jul 10, 2009
Oregon
36468_rosie_6-17.jpg

36468_rosie2_6-17.jpg

Rosie & Stella
36468_rosiestella_6-17.jpg

Rosie appears to be a pullet. I can't see her comb quite clearly at that angle but if it is a single row pea comb she is definitely a pullet.

From pics I've seen, it appears to be a single row pea comb. I've had 2 others in other forums say she's more than likely a pullet. Thank you! Though I will still wait and see if she lays an egg or crows....LOL! They won't be laying until September/October.

I know roos crow at different ages but our EE (supposed to be a pullet) started crowing...ok, trying to crow at 5 weeks. Our BCMXBarnevelder roo started crowing at 6 weeks and our Spitzhauben roo started crowing at 4 1/2 weeks (I think he was in the accelerated class because of the other two before him in the brooder next door). By 13 weeks, if she hasn't crowed and looking at her comb development, I'm voting pullet too.

BTW, she's LOVELY!

Last edited:
Nope, nothing that even sounds like the beginnings of a crow. Even my Speckled Sussex, that I'm 99% is a roo, hasn't crowed yet....just recently he has stopped the 'beebeebeep' and started sounding like a cross between a chicken and a goose; we think it's hilarious!!

Back
Top Bottom