Any guesses about Rosie? She a 13-week old EE

Easter Eggers can be sexed by color. Rosie and Stella are both 100% girls.
smile.png

Quote:
What does a EE's comb look like if it's a Roo?

The pea comb will have three raised rows if it is a male instead of one middle raised row, which usually indicates that it is a female.
smile.png

N&MSchroeder :

Quote:
What does a EE's comb look like if it's a Roo?

The pea comb will have three raised rows if it is a male instead of one middle raised row, which usually indicates that it is a female.
smile.png

Thank you

wee.gif
Thank you all!! I was so hoping she was a pullet!!
ya.gif

After seeing all your pics of EEs I think they are one breed I will always have
love.gif

personally when I look at the chicken I believe it to be a rooster due to the prominent hackle feathering (feathers around the neck) and then when looking at Saddle feathers (ones right before the tail) they are extending out. I have a roster that is 13wks this Saturday and has not yet started crowing however there aren't any other rooster around for him to defend against. However he has the same long feathers on his saddle, unfortunately he is a Naked Neck so I have no comparison for the hackle feathers but if you Google images of roosters you will see the feather length distinct to roosters. That is my opinion from the books I have read and experience but I could very well be wrong. Happy Hunting

Quote:
Yeah crowing can mean their a roo but also if you dont own a rooster the hen may start crowing like a rooster seems weird but i know a few & they lay eggs too.
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom