Any guesses?

amyfamily

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 27, 2012
These may not be good pictures for guesses, but can anyone tell whether there are any roos
in the mix? I am a little worried about the one with the black tail feathers..

I can get more pics tomorrow if needed they were in the brooder so they were hard to take pics of!! Also, I got the brown/black chick and the more orange chick from a feed store, they were sold as frizzles, do you know what mix they may be? They don't really have any frizzle feathers yet..

Yeeeah, that black-tailed baby looks like a boy. Way too red on the comb for the age. I can't tell on Silkies, but the other chicks look girly, so far. And I do not know much about Frizzles, but from what I understand, the feather curling is apparent on them at a pretty early age.

If you could post larger pictures/close-ups of each chick, that might help us to identify what you have
smile.png

1- Rooster

2- Rooster

3- Silkies are tough, but I used to breed them and that looks like a rooster

4- Pullet

5- Pullet

6- Pullet?

7- Pullet? (what breed is that? It has a beautiful color)

8- Pullet?

I'm new to keeping chickens, I have 6 in total and know that 3 of them are brown hens (the type the use for battery hens) I'm not sure what the other 3 are. If anyone can tell me I would appreciate it.. Ps sorry the pics are not very good.

This one is your Frizzle
smile.png
I don't see any others. Some could carry the gene - I don't know. But none of them will show it like this one.
Yes, this one I got from someone on here. She is a frizzled serama. Then the feed store sold the two that are brown/orange in color to me as frizzles. They are nothing like the feathers on my frizzled serama! They don't have a drop of frizzle on their feathers yet.

Back
Top Bottom