any help is appreciated with a green bean bake

Quote:
lau.gif
at least now I know it ain't just me. I love green beans, cream of mushroom soup and love, love, love those french fried onions. I just don't like mixing them.
hide.gif

My kid sister brings green bean cassarole every year for Christmas dinner at our house. I'd ask her to bring something else, but it's the only thing the poor girl knows how to cook.
And she wonders why she's never been married at 42.
hide.gif

You can don't have to use cream of mushroom soup.. I use cream of chicken or cream of celery some times or a can of cream of chicken and a can of cream of celery.. I have to buy extra onion rings cause I'm bad about snacking on them!!!!!!

We crumble pork skins on top of ours
wink.png

We also do not buy cream of whatever soups.
We make the real old fashioned Cream(dairy) of mushroom soup.

Last edited:
I found my Onions !!!!!!!!!
jumpy.gif
woot.gif
the guy at the grocery store said they only stock them 2X a year... thanksgiving and christmas..

Glad you found the onions, and yes, get extras! Great snacking there.....
big_smile.png

We love the casserole, but we switched to the lower sodium soup and love it even more. I've used the French cut and plain cut green beans - turns out we like the plain cut better.

Quote:
I am so happy for you!
woot.gif

Yes, you should buy extra for next year. I hope you like the dish! You'll have to report back here afterward and let us know what you thought. Maybe you won't like it....
hu.gif

Ok.. bean bake out of the way...

son and girlfriend liked it so they got all the left overs..LOL other then that.. as mu hubby said.. its nothing to write home about!
roll.png

yea, I don't care for it either. Though a friend made one this year completely from scratch, THAT was much better than all the canned stuff mixed together. That reminds me I had planned to ask her for the recipe....

Back
Top Bottom