Any idea what I can do to help this little guy along?

Yeah, she kind of was. She took a long time to finish feathering out, but she got her blue feathers (Porcelain d'Uccle) sooner than the others. She always seemed a little sleepy, but the Naked Necks kept her from being trampled. Her eyes are normal now, and except being small she is really pretty. I'll try and get some pics today.

They are both pretty, but it is too cute how tiny she is!!! How fabulous! I hope our little bitty stays little bitty! Thanks again for the info. I'm freaking out so much less now!

This spring part of our chick order was six GLW pullets. One of them was sooooo tiny that I would have sworn they gave me a banty by mistake. She remained way smaller than the others for a long time. Now they are 18 weeks old and I can hardly tell the difference between her and the others, they have to be all standing together and even then it's hard. I'll never know what the reason was. I guess sometimes kids just grow at different paces.

jumpy.gif

They are both pretty, but it is too cute how tiny she is!!! How fabulous! I hope our little bitty stays little bitty! Thanks again for the info. I'm freaking out so much less now!

Same here! I kind of got over the fact that she was so tiny but I was worried that it was some sort of freak problem with her. Thank you! Porcelains are my faves!
love.gif

*sigh* I have caught A LOT of crap for this, but they came from a poultry auction. It's hard to get your hands on chicks around here---very few breaders/mostly just hobby farmers---and I am sorry, but paying $40 in shipping for a few chicks is insane to me! So I went to an auction in our area and picked up 15 straight run RIRs. I can't tell you how many people on here have told me that you can't get a good bird from an auction! Oh well, time will tell. They are here now!

Back
Top Bottom