Any ideas on what these 3 may be?

mattmatts-momma

Songster
12 Years
Jan 13, 2008
Hi,

My son brought these chickens to me and I am not really sure what they are. What do you think they are. I looked online and in a catalog I have, but am still not sure what they could be.

I am most curious about this bantam rooster:

BWBantamRoo.jpg

This one is black and white, but with feathered legs? A mix maybe? I think this ones a hen.

BWFeatherFoot.jpg

This one is just plain white and a hen also, I think.

WhiteHen.jpg

What do you all think these are? Thank you if you can help me.

Merry Christmas!!

Quote:
Hmmmm... No idea on the first, looks a bit like a Delaware but not the right body shape...
The second looks like a Cuckoo Maran with feathered legs... Do they have feathered legs?
The third looks like a leghorn, but she's too fat and her comb is small...
Of course, they may all be mixes.
Where'd he get them?

Stuck! Someone help out!

ETA: I realize I sound like a completely clueless dunce.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might not be the "right" body shape, but the first is a Delaware roo (maybe banty) I had one just like him only standard size.

2nd one looks like a Barred Rock X Cochin (It's tall though so could be a Dark Brahma) hen

3rd is a White Rock hen

Last edited:
Quote:
Hmmmm... No idea on the first, looks a bit like a Delaware but not the right body shape...
The second looks like a Cuckoo Maran with feathered legs... Do they have feathered legs?
The third looks like a leghorn, but she's too fat and her comb is small...
Of course, they may all be mixes.
Where'd he get them?

Stuck! Someone help out!

ETA: I realize I sound like a completely clueless dunce.

Thank you.

The first one I think for sure has to be some kind of bantam

For the second one, I thought Cuckoo Maran also, but with feathering. I have 4 other maran hens, but they do not have the feathers on their legs.

The third one, I am not sure at all. The were quite a few white breeds that I saw in the catalog, but couldn't decide on which she could be. She is a pretty big girl.

I think someone may have given them to him, not quite sure.

Quote:
I didn't know there are Delawares available in Bantam. He is very nice looking. I lost 2 Standard size Delaware hens to a rat snake in the spring.

Thank you for you help.

#3 is a white rock.

How old is #2? It looks a lot like the barred rock x light brahma cross that I had, but the tail feathers look rooish to me.

I'm going to have to pass on #1... I don't have any that look like that.
smile.png

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

#3 is a white rock.

How old is #2? It looks a lot like the barred rock x light brahma cross that I had, but the tail feathers look rooish to me.

I'm going to have to pass on #1... I don't have any that look like that.
smile.png

I don't know how old #2 is, but I see what you mean about the feathers.

#1 is definately a roo, he's got spurs.​

Back
Top Bottom