any langshan lovers out there

M.J

Songster
12 Years
Apr 15, 2007
Maryland
big_smile.png
I abousoluty love my langshan's i have five hens and a rooster which is great because he is still not fully developed and so when i go and give demonstrations with him people are shocked that he is still just a baby since he come up to my knee's and weigh about 11pounds:D

any one else a langshan lover

I have a beautiful solid white langshan that is one of the most calm chickens I have. Her name is Sadie. She's the only langshan I got with my first order of chicks wished I had more.
wink.png

I have 1 Black Langshan Roo!
I love him to bits...

He is the king of his castle!

He is 6 months old and has recently found his voice :c)

I love how big they are!

Megan

I LOVE my Langshans. I have a BIG black roo...one black hen, and 2 white hens. Guess I will be getting blues!??
My Roo has the greatest crow. Really long. My DH says it sounds mournfull. I love it.

I want Langshans sooooo bad!!!
Where's pictures?! No pictures!? We need pictures people!!

Do any of you sell fertile eggs??

Edited for grammer
roll.png

Last edited:
I, too, would love to get some black Langshans - bantams. But it seems they're near-impossible to acquire. I've even subscribed to their group, but I have yet to see anybody offer hatching eggs. A few people say they'll have eggs from their standard birds available in the spring, but it feels like only one person in this whole country has bantams... Seems they're not very prolific layers, either.

A 4-H girl I met recently said that she got black Langshan bantams only by going to the National meet in Maryland (or maybe it was some other state, I don't remember) and actually *getting* them and bringing them back to California. And to add to the discouragement, I was told that these are the flightiest birds in existence. I thought they were supposed to be very calm and friendly (at least that's what the Henderson Chicken Breed Chart says) so I'm actually having second thoughts about continuing my pursuit of this breed. I suppose I could always rehome them if they turn out to be nervous and flighty.

So I guess this is my shameless plug - if *anybody* has black Langshan bantam eggs for sale, I WANT THEM!!!
tongue.png

-Naomi
wink.png

I love my two Langshan pullets. I got them when I ordered my feathered leg group. Sweet things. This picture was taken way back in July so they've grown quite a bit since then.

100_2979.jpg

Back
Top Bottom