Any one know what this is?

May 6, 2023
Ophelia, who is in her first molt has flung this yellow, jello like substance out of her mouth the other day. She is acting normal, no runny nose, sneezing or coughing. She was trying to look like she was trying to swallow water for a few minutes after this came out. I haven't seen anything since. She does appear to have favus on her comb and wattles. I put miconazole on her. Her mouth inside looks normal.

Attachments

• 20231128_150556.jpg
    20231128_150556.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 45
Is she back to eating and drinking normal? Did this yellow thing have a horrid stench? It could be a couple of things but if she's eating, drinking, and acting normally, then perhaps it was just something she had stewing in her crop.

Ophelia, who is in her first molt has flung this yellow, jello like substance out of her mouth the other day. She is acting normal, no runny nose, sneezing or coughing. She was trying to look like she was trying to swallow water for a few minutes after this came out. I haven't seen anything since. She does appear to have favus on her comb and wattles. I put miconazole on her. Her mouth inside looks normal.
Can you please take photos of her, her comb and the inside of her beak?

Thanks!

i will try to get inside her mouth when i have someone to hold her. I have done one treatment of miconazole. her beak is very scaly close to her nares. she is still growing feather s and losing some again from her molt.

I don't see an indication of Favus but putting the Miconazole on her comb won't hurt.
If she's molting, likely it's dry skin and the cream will help with that.

For the beak, it looks dry too, you can rub a small amount of Vitamin E onto the beak to help with the dryness.

Her legs look o.k. to me.

Hopefully with the stuff that she slung, it was just food/water mix and it's a one time thing.
She looks quite well to me.

I don't see an indication of Favus but putting the Miconazole on her comb won't hurt.
If she's molting, likely it's dry skin and the cream will help with that.

For the beak, it looks dry too, you can rub a small amount of Vitamin E onto the beak to help with the dryness.

Her legs look o.k. to me.

Hopefully with the stuff that she slung, it was just food/water mix and it's a one time thing.
She looks quite well to me.
thank you for your advice I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom