Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

I am waiting on my EE Greta she turned 33 weeks today and still no egg. For me it's no so much the egg as much as it is the wait to see what color it will be.
Although all my girls need to pick up the laying pace a bit or we will not be able to have our Christmas morning Quiche. My 2 Wellies are not laying regularly yet and my 5 SS stopped laying in Sept. They did end up laying 3 eggs in the last 2 weeks, I have gotten 8 eggs total this month and it's been since Nov 11th that I have gotten more then 1 egg in a day
th.gif

I know its winter and I don't add any light supplements, I know if I want egg I should.

It would be a wonderful Christmas or Solstice gift from the chickens to get an egg.
I said this very same thing at the dinner table tonight! Wouldn't it be great to have a Christmas egg!

Monday starts my girls 22nd week. Both RIR have large comb and red waddles. One of my BA, and one of my Golden Buffs same. The two BR's are about the same, not pale, but not bright red either. The Columbian Wyandotte is behind them all with still very pale comb, very small waddle.

My big news of the day is that I finally saw Duke mounting one of the hens. I still don't notice much on the squatting behavior, but she did allow him to mount her. Funny after it was done, she chased him around and gave him a couple of pecks. I thought that was funny.

sorry I have been crazy busy last few days. I am so happy to have you all waiting along with me...thanks guys.

With all that is going on in the news with the sadness, it is so wonderful to have this place to escape to..

MB

MB, the rooster knows she if very close to laying then
celebrate.gif
he is fertilizing those eggs!!!!
Oh man, I was so excited when I saw it. I am hoping he will be a good Roo, and not too aggressive. I want him to be a good guy like all the OT's and Bee talk about. Time will tell..

MB

My girls are getting bigger beards and muffs. Their pea comb is more developed. They do sometimes sing in the morning when they want to get out of the cage. I will put them in the run for the day time but they almost jump into the cage at dusk to come in. A little cold for them and maybe they still remember....
I'm excited for you Melbella.... I don't have a roo but the singing I get in the morning makes me excited. I have not yet seen any squatting behavior but the singing is a start.
yesss.gif

I know it is off topic but I had to share this with you... it is just too cute. I put the new chicks with my injured turkey hen ... to start getting her used to the idea of a new flock... I guess she is OK with it now

There is actually 3 chicks and all of them were just climbing on and jumping off... their own playground. It was just too funny and cute.

John that ball of puff was really cute.

CatSol,,

That is the cutest thing EVVVAAAA! I love that picture. Don't ever worry about something that adorable being off topic! I am so glad your turkey is doing better, and those chicks are precious. How old are they? Did a broody hatch them, or did you incubate them? Love your Amerucana's, I want to get some next spring. Would love blue eggs!

I can't see any other signs we are getting close, but like CraftyDuck said, if Duke is mating with them, he must know something! It is sooo cold and rainy here today, freezing rain, and those silly birds are out foraging as if it is sunny and 80 degrees out. I am going to go shut them in soon, the wind is ridiculous!

Keep the pictures coming everyone, i love seeing all your birds.

MB

Back
Top Bottom