Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Happy aggie~ it seems like once my first ones started laying regularly they decided to appreciate the straw I have in my boxes. Before they laid they used to kick it all out, now they lay in it and pick up certain peices and place them just so. Hope yours "grow out of it" like mine did :)

Today's note to self.....

Don't load shavings bags at the feed store with 4 eggs in your coat pocket.

ewwwwwww

ewwwwwww

lau.gif
I will keep that in mind when I start getting lots of eggs!

MB did you forget they were there? That's one of my fears... taking water out to the coop and putting eggs in my pocket and forgetting they are there and SPLAT out they fall
YES! Very stressful day here, I was way distracted, and I felt something wet on my thigh.. I looked down, and said... what in the heck is that? Proceed to put my hand in my pocket as i could see it was coming from the inside of my jacket pocket. I pulled out this globby mess of yolk, egg white, and shell, my precious shells and eggs that we pray, work, and dream so hard for!!!! Uggg....It was all ready a 4 egg day, I have to go out and collect what's left and let the flock out to free range. So frustrating!
lau.gif
I will keep that in mind when I start getting lots of eggs!
You better girl! You will see, we all do it one way or another....I have dropped some too when I forget my collecting basket. And in the words of Sweet Brown..

"Ain't nobody got time for dat!"

MB

ewwwwwww

I forget I have eggs in my pockets all the time! The other day I pulled 2 eggs out of my coat pockets while I was sitting in my son's orchestra concert.
ep.gif
And the people next to me were like..."what on earth....?" I can't believe I've never sat on them.

"Laying that egg was hard! I bet if I climb up here I get more food than Annabelle & Hope!!"
Oh my word,,,, maybe she laid it off that feeder,and it cracked! lol....Mine used to do that until I got that dome shaped top for it...I hated when they would poop in perfectly good food!

Cograts on the pretty egg... sorry it broke!

MB

Back
Top Bottom