Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Melabella thanks for the advise i thought about the light but Im way down in Louisiana bu the gulf and i get 14 hours of daylight now so decided against it and i have 4 roos and they try to mate with the reds but those girls will have none of it and i got the chi ks at the feed store so i guess i just need to be Patient and thanks for the welcome I've learned Lot from everyone pn this site

My Tori is crazy. She's been laying in the nesting box without a problem - until yesterday. Apparently. She laid 1 egg in the 30 pound hanging feeder yesterday and I found in there today after laying a 2nd. The big girls must have been in the nesting boxes when she decided it was time! Crazy!! I am gonna have to put a topper on that thing now to keep her out!!

Today's eggs

Hey everyone, What a long day today has been. Skyler had another invitational track meet this morning. He had to be at the school at 7:45. Then I had to drive up to Longview(next town away) to pick up my friends kid to stay the weekend with us. My friend is a single mom with 5 kids and she got the chance to go to the beach for the weekend to relax. All her kids are at friends houses this weekend. After I picked up Dylan we drove an hour mostly freeway mile to my sons track meet. It was 45 degrees, cloudy but no rain!! I found out after we got to the meet at 10:30 that boys high jump wasn't until 1:45 and that is the only thing Sky does at the invitationals. He is our schools top jumper now that the other guy graduated.

So egg talk apparently my girl thought that after a 6 egg day that a 2 egg day would be fine and dandy.
somad.gif
I gave them the what for
rant.gif
and some cooked brown rice and today so far they have laid 5 eggs!

My 2nd egg. Whoo Hoo! Two eggs in 5 days, still none from the other girls. Do you think my rooster could have anything to do with no laying?

Back
Top Bottom