Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

The girls have been laying since the 1st of April, few odd ones but in general a med size pullet egg...today Red laid this monster! I still feel like each egg is a present and get egg-cited.
mcm..

That egg is HUGE! What pretty shades of brown.. I am curious, did you crack that large one yet? Was it indeed a double yoker? I had one of those two days ago from my new Ameruacana pullet Vivian. Here is a photo of one of her normal sized eggs next to her huge double. She has given me 5-6 eggs a week, I didn't realize that Amer. were such good layers. I was hoping for 3, maybe 4 a week from her.

I have never seen a double like that from an americauna! But then again... I don't have that breed.
smile.png
still neat to see. I'd like to get one, the kids would love the colors
I was very excited when I saw the ad for the roo when I was thinking of re homing Duke. I have wanted to get Ameruacana, and really have been enjoying the blue egg to break up all the brown in my basket. When I called about the rooster she was advertising I asked if she was willing to sell me one of her pullets, and she did! It was also neat to not have to WAIT for eggs! So happy, I also realize if I am ever tempted to incubate any of my eggs, or have one go broody I guess the chicks would be considered Easter Eggers? Is that true anyone? I think I read you have to wait 4 weeks when a new rooster takes over to make sure any fertilized eggs are definitely his. I have a friend who would take the chicks, I would love to try it for the experience.

I am still looking for a possible second coop, and saving slowly for the supplies for the run, that was very expensive to build!

MB

Last edited:
mcm..

That egg is HUGE! What pretty shades of brown.. I am curious, did you crack that large one yet? Was it indeed a double yoker? I had one of those two days ago from my new Ameruacana pullet Vivian. Here is a photo of one of her normal sized eggs next to her huge double. She has given me 5-6 eggs a week, I didn't realize that Amer. were such good layers. I was hoping for 3, maybe 4 a week from her.
Wow...those are so pretty!!! Im sooooo hoping for a Blue egg from my EEs. They are 20 wks old today. Lots of squatting!!!!

Oh my beautiful blue! I can't wait for blue eggs! Lol searching for a blue layer now hehe...we did not crack it yet! Poor girl she has laid everyday non stop since the 1st now this one lol probably enjoy it tonight for poached eggs on toast for my midnight calories! I will def let you know, I am curious myself.
mcm.. That egg is HUGE! What pretty shades of brown.. I am curious, did you crack that large one yet? Was it indeed a double yoker? I had one of those two days ago from my new Ameruacana pullet Vivian. Here is a photo of one of her normal sized eggs next to her huge double. She has given me 5-6 eggs a week, I didn't realize that Amer. were such good layers. I was hoping for 3, maybe 4 a week from her.

JK, humor me I am learning, and there is SO much to learn lol - easter eggers I am assuming can lay an array of colors? Blue I have seen in ameracuna* breeds also...so blue, green, brown and white are the diff ladies egg colors avail?

I get so egg-cited my husband just shakes his head lol

Back
Top Bottom