Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Welcome to the thread!!! We love pictures! I loved my EE she took for EVER to start laying but when she did she laid nice big green eggs she laid 5 eggs for me before something got her. :( I have to wait for some of my other girls to die before my hubby will let me get anymore. I will definitely be getting either more EE's.

We really enjoy our EE hen. However, she is really slacking in the egg department. Our RIR and BA are giving us an egg/day each. Maybe with one day off every other week. My EE might lay one every other week. They are all approx the same age and eating the same food. Unless she starts producing more, I would not get this breed again. She lays a really cool greenish egg when she does lay and has a great disposition so she will have a forever home with us regardless.

Hey, thank you all for the welcome! I have heard that EE's can take a little longer to start laying than other breeds, but since these are the first two chickens I have ever owned I am especially impatient to see that first egg. I tried playing a YouTube video of a hen singing the egg song for motivational purposes, but the girls were NOT impressed
lol.png

Quote:
Thanks! It's for sure not in Texas - I wish! I'm in the DFW area, the picture is of the south bay of Los Angeles, a much-loved place to visit as often as possible!

I also have to say I really enjoy seeing everyone's pictures, it's so amazing all the different colors and sizes of eggs that come from your chickens!

My partridge Plymouth laid the tiniest little egg today. Found it on the ground in the run. I swear it's not too much bigger than an egg from a robin. LOL Today was probably her day off but she squeaked one out anyway, she only lays 2-3 days in a row then slacks a day or two.

She's a trooper, getting one to ya even if it looks like a malted easter candy! I have a mutt that looks like a barred rock, she laid a tiny one like that! It was so little! Almost all yolk! Lol
My partridge Plymouth laid the tiniest little egg today. Found it on the ground in the run.  I swear it's not too much bigger than an egg from a robin.  LOL  Today was probably her day off but she squeaked one out anyway, she only lays 2-3 days in a row then slacks a day or two. 

Forgot to post a pic of the new baby. 4 & 1/2 month our Ameraucana. Her name is Hollandaise, but we call her Holly. She's not real sure about things yet. Sweet as pie - loves to be held, but nervous still around the other hens.

Hi EVERYONE!

Just doing a quick stop by to let you all know my wireless router went KAPUT, and had to go out and buy a new one, and i am finally up and running again! Have to help son #2 pack and get ready for his Senior spring trip to Disney, and DH out the door for a 11 day business trip. Doing tons of laundry, and brewing a fresh cup of coffee but will be back tomorrow sometime to catch up on threads! Miss you all, and hope you are all well, and your chickens are healthy and safe! I have been having a lot of hawk sightings, but we are all still present and accounted for.

Talk to you all soon, Miss ya!

MB

On a side note I enjoyed my first watermelon of the season. My girls got the rind and they loved it. Maybe they will all lay for me tomorrow.
How funny - we are just eating our last of the season! Our girls love all of it, especially the seeds. I keep chunks of it in the freezer to give them on really hot days.

Yah!... yesterday I got to listen to some egg song. One song was from my Gold Star, Amber. She is really starting to lay more. Her eggs are still small but that's OK with me. But there was another girl singing away. One of the Marans. My 2 marans are now 21 weeks old. I know it could still be a couple of weeks but at lest I can see... I mean Hear;) some progress. This is so fun. Can't wait to see if they will have the really dark eggs or not.

Back
Top Bottom