Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

This is my leghorn that just started to lay. We have gotten one white egg from her.
celebrate.gif
She is 19 weeks old. Such a pretty girl.

Oh so pretty! We have one brown leghorn, now I cant wait to see her grow up!

My husband shot a fox tonight. I am not sure if it was the one that went after Lucky though. It seemed quite young. In fact, it trotted halfway to my daughter, with her yelling, before I told her just to run inside and have her daddy come with the gun. He shot 3 shots before he hit it with his rather loud CHL gun and it just stood there staring at him.

In a non-chicken predator world it was very cute and tiny. We are investigating a hole that my husband found, tomorrow. Man, I hope we don't have to worry about killing babies...

Let my girls out to free range today. Right to left Phoebe, Daphne(Welsummers) and Bess(Speckled Sussex)
OMG< this makes me laugh, i have a similar photo that I call "the chicken moon".... Their butts are so clean, my RIR has the nastiest bottom - I did happen to catch her once and pulled a nice wad of pooo from her feathers but geeeezzze what is it about her??

OMG< this makes me laugh, i have a similar photo that I call "the chicken moon".... Their butts are so clean, my RIR has the nastiest bottom - I did happen to catch her once and pulled a nice wad of pooo from her feathers but geeeezzze what is it about her??
You cant really see it in the pic but my SS's butt is yucky. Last year before our week long camping trip I bought a 3 gallon galvanized waterer for them because we go camping in August which is the hottest time of year here. I didn't even think about the fact that ACV eats the metal and makes it rust. So I have to remember to put the ACV in a smaller plastic waterer and I keep forgetting to. Poo butt usually clears up after a few weeks of them drinking ACV water regularly.

hmmm, I give the ACV in their water once a day but I've been changing their water so much due to the hot weather that it seems a waste to keep adding it. The other 3 have clean bottoms, usually, but my RIR is always nasty. I'll have to see what I can figure out with more regular ACV

Here are my 3 girls enjoying the morning shade. The deck seems to be their favorite morning site so I usually have my coffee with them. They are
from left, Lucy, RIR, Liza, a partridge plymouth rock and Clementine, a barred rock.

Here are my 3 girls enjoying the morning shade. The deck seems to be their favorite morning site so I usually have my coffee with them. They are
from left, Lucy, RIR, Liza, a partridge plymouth rock and Clementine, a barred rock.

They are so pretty!!

Back
Top Bottom