Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

I got my first egg today! I think Elly laid it! My birds are six month old Silver and Gold laced Wyandottes.
The pink is my first egg!

I feel sorry for the people who have had I wait so long! My girls are just turning 20 weeks and already 10 out of 20 of them are laying. The first day that they laid I got 3 eggs, when they were 17 weeks old.

Well, what breed of chicken do you have? Some breeds lay sooner then others. I think I have the slowest chickens to mature on earth but when I do get an egg they give me some very pretty ones. My New Hampshires that lay give me the prettiest golden brown egg. They lay every day. It took them awhile but they do not miss a day.

Well, what breed of chicken do you have? Some breeds lay sooner then others. I think I have the slowest chickens to mature on earth but when I do get an egg they give me some very pretty ones. My New Hampshires that lay give me the prettiest golden brown egg. They lay every day. It took them awhile but they do not miss a day.
Mine are the same way, sssharon. If I didn't know better, my girls ateh biological sisters of yours! I've had four eggs in the past 6 days (3 from the same hen) and none since Sunday. I'm afraid this will be the case until next spring.

Haha Scott, that's real funny. I am not happy with my EE that has been laying sporadically and then she laid 4 days in a row and I thought oboy I'm going to get eggs from her a lot and now I haven't seen an egg for 5 days. I keep getting more chickens and it's like once they come to my home they become barren. I have to say this. Sometimes my chickens make me in a fowl mood. ahahaha

I have 20 isa browns, they tend to mature early. It nearly killed me waiting for eggs, but it's almost imaginable for me to think some people wait 30+weeks!

Back
Top Bottom