Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

Out of 9 girls only 1 is laying so far, she just started last Sunday and we have gotten 3 eggs from her this week.

Julie and Marcy, I waited a long time for eggs some at 8 months old but now they lay me eggs everyday with an occasional break. I am getting 7 eggs a day and they were worth the wait. Sometimes I get a jumbo egg and it's lucky for that chicken only sometimes. It' the biggest egg I have ever seen. Congrats on your eggs! Now if the other 9 I have would get busy I'd be egg rich! ahaha

Julie and Marcy, I waited a long time for eggs some at 8 months old but now they lay me eggs everyday with an occasional break. I am getting 7 eggs a day and they were worth the wait. Sometimes I get a jumbo egg and it's lucky for that chicken only sometimes. It' the biggest egg I have ever seen. Congrats on your eggs! Now if the other 9 I have would get busy I'd be egg rich! ahaha
Lol!

Our oldest pullets are 29 weeks and have been laying for about 8 weeks. We have 7 that are 5 weeks younger and they have been laying for about 2 weeks. We have 2 that are a week older than them that aren't laying yet but look to be any day. It seems to be breed specific. But let me tell you, they haven't slowed down since they got going good. I thought that as the days got shorter they would slow down but we get 12-15 a day. It's great!

I have some RSL and BSL that have to be about 23+ weeks....They look like mature hens (the person I get them from didn't know how old they were when he got them). He only keeps chickens for the eggs and they free range thru out the barn and really where ever they please. He's just a funny man who has been raising farm animals for the fun of it. He actually gave me my first pullets for free!
big_smile.png
LOL He is a client of my dh and knows that dh is NOT a chicken man. So he loves to do anything to get at my dh!
lau.gif
So at this time I have my 4 older hens who are in molt right now but I'm getting 2 probably every 2-3 days and 2 EE in the new coop laying about every other day......HOWEVER.............. WHEN WILL THE LAST 7 START LAYING???????
barnie.gif
I do out there every day and talk to them but .....nothing. !!!! LOL ...

Last edited:
Racer's given me 4 eggs now, all small :) Was in the run petting her and Liza (our easter egger came over and squatted! She was also going in and out of the coop today!!! Really hoping for a pretty blue egg soon!!!

That'll be 2 out of 8 laying :) They are now 24 weeks, the 2 older ones are 26, nothing :( 1 more 24 weeker then 3 at 23 weeks. Tick tock tick tock

I got three new chicks an amerecauna, a cuckoo marans and an orloff, I am still getting two eggs a day. I think from Nicky and Elliott. It's time to be thinking winter here in the north east. Trying to get things battened down.

Last edited:
Our four hens are experiencing their first snowfall this morning. I went out early this morning to let them out of the coop and all four started walking down the ramp and the two in the back stopped dead in thier tracks. The two in the front walked out of the run, stood there, and within 30 seconds, all four of them were back in the coop where they have remained for the past 2.5 hours. Unfortunately for them they live in Minnesota so they may not exit the coop until May.

I have some RSL and BSL that have to be about 23+ weeks....They look like mature hens (the person I get them from didn't know how old they were when he got them). He only keeps chickens for the eggs and they free range thru out the barn and really where ever they please. He's just a funny man who has been raising farm animals for the fun of it. He actually gave me my first pullets for free!
big_smile.png
LOL He is a client of my dh and knows that dh is NOT a chicken man. So he loves to do anything to get at my dh!
lau.gif
So at this time I have my 4 older hens who are in molt right now but I'm getting 2 probably every 2-3 days and 2 EE in the new coop laying about every other day......HOWEVER.............. WHEN WILL THE LAST 7 START LAYING???????
barnie.gif
I do out there every day and talk to them but .....nothing. !!!! LOL ...
That picture is the BEST stink eye picture I've seen in a while... so cute! I FINALLY got my second egg from 3 layers 27 weeks old. I am pretty sure it's from my Austra White, as it was the prettiest shade of off white.. like a pink. So pretty. I cracked it open to eat it, and it was all ready fertilized. Way to go Clarke... for an older roo, you still got it!

Hang in there.. before you know it the misery of waiting will be a distant memory....lol

MB

Back
Top Bottom