Any Rabbit Breeders/Owners Here at BYC?

Guys my bunny is pregnant!!! I started noticing her grunting a lot and she is gathering stuff into a pile! 😂 she is ripping out her fur like crazy and she is even ripping out my other bunnies fur! When do you guys think she’s going to have her babies??
How old are they now? They should be separated immediately. Best to separate them before 4 months even.
As soon as she gives birth the male mill mate her again if they are not separated. Now would be the perfect time to go ahead and get him fixed if he's over 6 months.

She'll need a nesting box and be sure you have Alfalfa hay and pellets if they've already switched to Timothy.

I would also start contacting people who would be able to adopt baby rabbits. Be sure they're responsible and will provide proper housing and care for them. I would recommend they watch Lennon the Bunny and 101Rabbits before getting a rabbit.

Rabbits are typically pregnant for around a month before giving birth.
@Everose is experienced with breeding and caring for pregnant and mama does.

Guys my bunny is pregnant!!! I started noticing her grunting a lot and she is gathering stuff into a pile! 😂 she is ripping out her fur like crazy and she is even ripping out my other bunnies fur! When do you guys think she’s going to have her babies??
Within minutes or a day. Get her some type of box, a box big enough for two of her, only half should be covered. Mover her nest now before it's too late.

Remove the other rabbit immediately.

Do you have access to calf manna, black oil sunflower seeds, and oats?

How old are they now? They should be separated immediately. Best to separate them before 4 months even.
As soon as she gives birth the male mill mate her again if they are not separated. Now would be the perfect time to go ahead and get him fixed if he's over 6 months.

She'll need a nesting box and be sure you have Alfalfa hay and pellets if they've already switched to Timothy.

I would also start contacting people who would be able to adopt baby rabbits. Be sure they're responsible and will provide proper housing and care for them. I would recommend they watch Lennon the Bunny and 101Rabbits before getting a rabbit.

Rabbits are typically pregnant for around a month before giving birth.
@Everose is experienced with breeding and caring for pregnant and mama does.
Alright, I will get a pen to spectate them ASAP. He already has an appointment next month to get neutered.

Within minutes or a day. Get her some type of box, a box big enough for two of her, only half should be covered. Mover her nest now before it's too late.

Remove the other rabbit immediately.

Do you have access to calf manna, black oil sunflower seeds, and oats?
Oats and black sunflower seeds is all I can find at the moment

Oats and black sunflower seeds is all I can find at the moment
Give her a pinch to help bring in her milk. She could really use the other things too if you can get a hold of them.
Rabbit milk is very rich, it's the highest fat and mineral milk out there. Giving her some extra minerals and fat will help keep her supply up while not depleting her of any important nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom