Any Recommendations or Advice For Selling Poultry? ( specific to my situation )

IvysAnimals

Songster
Mar 30, 2022
Pennsylvania
Hello! I have been wanting to sell hatching eggs, chick / ducklings / goslings and adult poultry for a while now. I have 3 incubators,
Farm Innovators Pro Series Circulated Air Incubator with Automatic Egg Turner, 4250,
Little Giant Still-Air Incubator, 9300, and a salinova mini incubator. I am not a fan of my mini S incubator because it doesn't hold humidity or temp well at all, ( I have two testing eggs in there and that'll be my side incubator if I have a small order or more testing eggs. ) so I use my two other larger incubators. My older ( About almost 10 years old ) Little Giant incubator can hold 42 eggs, my new ( Just purchased yesterday ) Farm Innovators incubator can hold 41 and lastly, my Salinova incubator can hold 7 eggs. In total, I can hold 90 eggs at one in incubation! 😃 I've already done plenty of research and have hatched eggs for 2 years, my family used to hatch our duck eggs all the time so I grew up watching them hatch and such. What are the best breeds to sell and the best places to sell? I'm able to get Leghorn, Black Maran and Rhode Island Chicks from my friend that own chickens, that I've hatched for before.

These are my duck breeds:

Cayuga, Pekin, Blue Runner, Fawn Runner, Blue Swede, Black Swede, Magpie, Rouen and Mallard...

I've owned Wood ducks and Muscovys before, but that didn't work out well...and I think I might want to try again. I have the goose breeds of Toulouse and Embden.
What would be the most popular selling breeds? How should I package shipping eggs? What websites are best to sell on? How should I package the duckling to ship? What is the best price range to sell them for? Should I split the amount I get for my friend to take since I'm incubating her eggs or give her the money for chicks or ??? She's letting me take her eggs so I don't know what she wants me to do... I've answered other people questions on selling and shipping poultry 😅 I just want to know good advice for my situation or what others have to say 😁 like doing this to give people pets and bring them to love poultry more than for money... I know what my legal requirements are, I just need advice for the best ways to ship and what birds are more popular that people want... I would do a mixed breed hatch. If someone wanted chicks, they would pre-order them first and then when they hatch, I would give them to the person. If they're eggs or chicks, I won't guarantee breed or gender because I don't want to vent sex... same with goslings and ducks :) Thank you in advance!!! :wee

Here are some pictures of my babies:

Attachments

• 20210901_180131.jpg
    20210901_180131.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220321_170347.jpg
    20220321_170347.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220426_215449.jpg
    20220426_215449.jpg
    591.5 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
you have so many questions! I think for people to answer those it's good to number them to keep track. Also, a lot of the answers are available trough the search function on this site.
Last but not least. Which breeds sell easy and which websites to use might differ from one location to another.
so please tell us where you live.

Good luck with your adventure

you have so many questions! I think for people to answer those it's good to number them to keep track. Also, a lot of the answers are available trough the search function on this site.
Last but not least. Which breeds sell easy and which websites to use might differ from one location to another.
so please tell us where you live.

Good luck with your adventure
Pennsylvania

Back
Top Bottom