Any thoughts on this coop for Chicago?

:frow
Very nice coop, as long as you are only going to have 4 chickens.
Does it come with the hardware cloth for fencing in underneath? You will definitely want to do that.
We live in Michigan and don't use heat in the winter. Straw is a great insulator for winter but doesn't absorb and gets moldy. I would use pine shavings or sand for floor of coop inside.
Best of luck!

Does it come with the hardware cloth for fencing in underneath? You will definitely want to do that.
We live in Michigan and don't use heat in the winter. Straw is a great insulator for winter but doesn't absorb and gets moldy. I would use pine shavings or sand for floor of coop inside.
Best of luck!
Same I am from Michigan too

Best of luck!
Yes our city only allows 4 hens

It needs windows, facing south. Big openings, covered in hardware cloth. In winter, a double layer of rolled clear plastic over the lower part of the openings, with the upper area open for ventilation.
At least sixteen sq. ft. of floor space, and more is better, for your hens. A roofed run too, because chickens hate snow, and you might not like shoveling daily out there.
Electricity for lighting, and especially a heated waterer.
Actually, a garden shed, modified with added windows and ventilation, works great.
Mary

Too small IMO...that 3' width is going to be hard to work with.
I chuckled when I saw 'tangled nest' in the URL.

It's an incomplete and bad design for keeping chickens.
Grinds me, folks seem more interested in pretty graphics than quality design, SMH.
The 'info graphic' fad is worse then the chicken fad,
not surprised they came together for this abysmal presentation.
Sorry, mini rant angst from a long time design drafter.

Too small IMO...that 3' width is going to be hard to work with.
I chuckled when I saw 'tangled nest' in the URL.

It's an incomplete and bad design for keeping chickens.
Grinds me, folks seem more interested in pretty graphics than quality design, SMH.
The 'info graphic' fad is worse then the chicken fad,
not surprised they came together for this abysmal presentation.
Sorry, mini rant angst from a long time design drafter.
Any you would recommend?

The best design, IMO, is the Woods coop. You can find threads here about it. It's not the cheapest, but I'd love to have one!
A modified garden shed can be terrific. A very well built predator proof hoop coop is another good choice.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom