HomesteaderWife

Free Ranging
9 Years
Apr 24, 2015
Alabama
Hello BYC friends! I wanted to go ahead and open this thread again early to see if there would be interest in our handmade, wood-burned ornaments featuring your breed of chicken, duck, or any animal in a simple design. They make great Christmas gifts, and unique pieces for your tree, so I wanted to make sure to post in advance of the holiday season. We've adjusted prices/shipping information a little which reduces cost.

These pieces of wood are Poplar, and very light-weight. I have attached photos of some of the ornaments we have made in the past (not just animals). I do not use stencils, and draw everything on by hand. If you have a reference photo, I can use that. They are great pet tributes - we have a few made for our own animals to remember them each Christmas as we hang their painted portrait on the tree. They have their names on them painted too.

If you'd like a name instead of the breed, let me know please. This will replace the breed name you see in the photos.

• WOOD-BURNED Ornaments are $3 a piece plus First Class calculated postage for one. (More than 3, postage is FREE!)
  • PAINTED Ornaments are $5 a piece plus plus First Class calculated postage for one. (More than 2, postage is FREE!)

If you're interested in a painted ornament instead, or have any other ideas, please don't hesitate to message or comment. Please consider gifting these to fellow farmers and backyard poultry lovers you know!

I will try and add some more photos as I go along

See past works at www.wolfbranchart.weebly.com or others pre-made on our Etsy for examples. Remember if you have any other ideas, I'd love to work with you on it. I also have a few pieces of buckskin left to make buckskin bracelets, so you can see those on our Etsy as well!

IMG_3298.jpg IMG_3125.jpg 405bc01014d6db93dc8851e37b93a211.jpg IMG_2918.jpg IMG_2917.jpg IMG_9831.jpg IMG_9848.jpg IMG_9849.jpg IMG_9907.JPG IMG_9906.JPG ornament1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2919.jpg
    IMG_2919.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
If anyone has any questions or perhaps wants quite a few let me know. I’m happy to discount if you are looking for quite a few. Also, I can provide plain slices

A bump as we come into Fall! I know it is super early but just putting the word out there. I've also got pallet pieces I can paint, walking sticks, and we can cut larger slices as well!

Another small bump - I have a few wood slices already dried and ready to go, but I will be making more soon. We also have rectangular Pine pieces available as well.

We've got some pet ornaments left from our last sale include horse and dog breeds, and plenty of blank slices ready to be put to use.

I still have blanks to make ornaments, but we are going to be working on chicken and other poultry based ornaments and wood crafts soon for Etsy. It will make it easier to select and purchase. For now, if you have a pet/breed you want an ornament for, I’m happy to make some! Shipping prices are varied depending upon your location- we calculate based on weight, package size, and zip codes via USPS.

Back
Top Bottom