Anybody down for a Louisiana meet?

I wish I would have been able to make it! Please let me know next time you are all planning another get together! I know my daughter would have had a blast also, she is 2. Hope to meet you all soon!

Hello,

I am just getting ready to build a coop, and get some chickens. I live in Madisonville, and I wished I would have found this post before this weekend
sad.png

Anyone in the area interested in helping out a newbie get started? I can trade some other things like sewing, embroidery, and sign making for knowledge and help. I need to know what type of coop, chickens, how to take care of them, and where to get them.

Thanks,
Debbie

Hey Debbie!
welcome-byc.gif

So....I am I to understand that you don't have chickens yet?
If so, do you want eggs, meat or both? There are many great dual purpose breeds out there. There are also many specialty breeds that are fun to have.

How many do you plan to have? If it's a small amount you can start small, but honestly, you'll probably outgrow your original plan (talking from experience here!). You can start with a med-large chain link dog run, or you can go all out and build a super deluxe area.

I would go out and try to get a copy of Gail Damerow's - Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens, there are many, many good bits of info in there.
I have many different breeds, and I do have my favorites.......
fell free to PM me and we can discuss!

ETA, I also have some babies if you want!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom