Anybody have any ideas for chicken entertainment?

Well...they are chickens, so their favorite occupation is finding food. I always scatter some grain in their straw, They do love dust baths. A rooster is a good addition, he'll keep the hens from fighting each other, somewhat, and while it seems unromantic to us, this is how chickens breed and I've seen hens very obviously seducing the rooster. But one rooster! Two is no fun for anyone, especially the hens.

They are the only ones we have. We have raised other chickens before when my boys were younger. They did them for 4H

I grow mammoth sunflower and corn.....they get the corn stalks to eat...while they are still green, and the sunflower stalks. The past weekend has been storms, and it is causing the sunflower heads to break their stalks. So I put the heads up to cure..pulled off the leaves, and took the stalks and leaves to the pen. They love to peck at them all and find goodies. And it gives them greens to enjoy.

I save up the mammoth sunflower heads for their winter protein. Pull a cured head down, and toss it whole in the run. They need things to do..and pecking at sunflower heads is good fun for them.

Back
Top Bottom