Anybody raise Feathered Mice ?

Lol, I made that up. I read somewhere they are the rats / mice of the bird world
(and when they escape from the bird room, my cat treats them like feathered mice).
Most of my Buttons are flighty as can be, a few will eat out of your hand, but mostly they're just neat to look at and listen to.

Visited your link!
Beautiful photos of the daylilies, but of course, I dove into the chicken pix link.
What a colorful flock!
Any chance for a picture of a button quail all growed up?

I took pics this afternoon, so you gotta look at them
smile.png

There are 6 hens and 2 males in this cage.

1.jpg

good1.jpg

Lisa

I raised a button from an egg, he was with me 24/7 and would follow me around the house and call me if I went too far.

He wasnt a good example for how most buttons act because he thought he was people too, so I cant say if they are flighty. He thought he was 6 feet tall and would attack anything that looked scary, like the dog
roll.png
. He would pick up spiders and give them to me and his mate was a little pink stuffed piggy. I kept him in a large glass aquarium with a screen top with sand on the bottom.

I was lucky to find someone somewhat close to give me 14 eggs, and only him and one other hatched but the other died soon after. Now I only see lots of 50 for sale, I'd love to get another one but I would want a very small amount since they will be inside pets. He was alot of fun to watch.

There are people that use the eggs hard boiled on salads the eggs are about the size of an olive, and they are usually used in the bottom of aviaries to clean up dropped seeds from the caged birds.

Back
Top Bottom