Anybody wanna share their best mama chicken breeds? Or help with mine?

Mar 27, 2024
Hey, I have a broody white Plymouth Rock black australorp cross. She is a very good laying hen, will tolerate petting, and she is very laidback. She is sitting on two blue EE eggs, and two unknown brown eggs. (And two ceramic eggs.. shhh šŸ¤«) All eggs are developing amazing, but Iā€™m expecting a staggered hatch. Does anybody have experience with this crossbreed? Or do you know if australorps and/or/ Plymouth rocks are good mamas? Thanks in advance. (Btw this broody henā€™s mama, a black australorp, has been broody before as well.) this broody hen only started laying around 5-7 months ago!
IMG_0753.jpeg
here is my broody mama.

All eggs are developing amazing
I'm amazed that the ceramic eggs are developing!
but Iā€™m expecting a staggered hatch
Why? This is not good. How far are they staggered?
Or do you know if australorps and/or/ Plymouth rocks are good mamas?
Australorps and PBRs are both excellent broody hens. I've had one of each and they are/were my top broodies out of all who have brooded here.
1711555096371.png

1711555197575.png

1711555116922.png

1711555149842.png

Hey, I have a broody white Plymouth Rock black australorp cross. She is a very good laying hen, will tolerate petting, and she is very laidback. She is sitting on two blue EE eggs, and two unknown brown eggs. (And two ceramic eggs.. shhh šŸ¤«) All eggs are developing amazing, but Iā€™m expecting a staggered hatch. Does anybody have experience with this crossbreed? Or do you know if australorps and/or/ Plymouth rocks are good mamas? Thanks in advance. (Btw this broody henā€™s mama, a black australorp, has been broody before as well.) this broody hen only started laying around 5-7 months ago! View attachment 3783358here is my broody mama.
i never had hens only roosters but i can give u assurance that Leghorns are best my teetee was a best father he foster many chicks

Back
Top Bottom