Buff Orpington roo x any breed hen - what did you get?

Estrella

Chirping
Sep 13, 2023
Stockholm, Sweden
Hi all! I have a huge gorgeous and very sweet English Buff Orpington roo whom I am looking to breed. His girls are two Swedish Flower hens, two Plymouth Barred Rocks, three French Black Copper Marans, two Olive Eggers, one Hedemora, one Silverudds Blue, one Cream Legbar and of course, two English Buff Orpingtons (who are the lucky mamas who will lay on everyone’s eggs).

Would love to see any offspring pictures you have from a BO roo with any breed. Bring it on!

Here’s my rooster.

Attachments

• IMG_3635.jpeg
    IMG_3635.jpeg
    992.7 KB · Views: 56
Thank you! Hatched nine, sold eight and kept this guy. He is so sweet and calm, good genes. Saw this Orp-mix in an ad, Buff Orp + Brahma and she was gorgeous! All Orp body with beige and chocolate feathers.

Yeah, I really hope people share!

Last edited:
Hi all! I have a huge gorgeous and very sweet English Buff Orpington roo whom I am looking to breed. His girls are two Swedish Flower hens, two Plymouth Barred Rocks, three French Black Copper Marans, two Olive Eggers, one Hedemora, one Silverudds Blue, one Cream Legbar and of course, two English Buff Orpingtons (who are the lucky mamas who will lay on everyone’s eggs).

Would love to see any offspring pictures you have from a BO roo with any breed. Bring it on!

Here’s my rooster.
Happy to hear he is sweet! I think one of my chicks is a cockerel (also a buff orpington) and I was curious how they could be!

Happy to hear he is sweet! I think one of my chicks is a cockerel (also a buff orpington) and I was curious how they could be!
They are very docile, and in my experience, quiet. My former rooster was a Swedish Flower Hen and he drove us and the whole neighbourhood nuts with his crowing. Hassan, our BO rooster, doesn’t feel the need. I think it’s because he’s so large, he doesn’t feel threatened by much… I don’t know, but I really like him. He is also very gentle with the baby chicks and let’s them eat before he eats.

Orpington roosters are the best! I adopted a big one earlier this year and he is just the sweetest. To me, my kids, and the hens!

Yours is beautiful! So fluffy 🤩
Thank you! I think his fluff has to do with the fact that he’s an English Buff Orpington, I don’t know exactly how that works but it seems to me that the Buff Orpingtons you get in the US are slightly less fluffy? My ladies are almost as big.

Attachments

• IMG_2123.jpeg
    IMG_2123.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 17
They are adorable! They look like movie star chickens, like from cartoons. Mines a blue splash English orpington. I will have to make for sure when I get eggs I get English. He needs more ladies.

Back
Top Bottom