Anyone breed a Silver Duckwing OEGB & a Splash Polish?

@EggSighted4Life for 100% blue offspring with sex linkage, one can use a splash cockerel over black barred hens. The offspring will all get one copy of the blue gene from dad and the boys will get one copy of the barring gene from mum. I would guess that if RIR have been used, it would be to develop one of the parent lines of the cross to be good layers. A barred cockerel over red hens would create all single barred offspring, so the hens of those would all be barred and could make up the maternal line for the hybrid.

Hi. :frow

Check out this color calculator. It doesn't account for any leakage of color (or breed specific things). 2nd drop down tab is in English..
http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

It appears to indicate that Silver Duckwing crossed to splash will give 100% blue offspring. If that is the case, then I would figure SDW to be black based.

Happy hatching! :jumpy:jumpy
That looks helpful I can't find the English tho

See if this one is easier to find.. underneath the "show examples" button.. is a link that says "help pick color from list"..

http://kippenjungle.nl/kruising.html?mgt=E:e+/e+,S:S/(S)&fgt=E:E/E,Bl:Bl/Bl

Otherwise in the first link.. near the top of the page but not at the very top.. There's the header.. followed by some links which are labeled first int he foreign language and second in English.. Now just below those links (and a plain divider line) is what looks like maybe a "table" with some drop down tabs (and 2 chickens at the bottom of the rows).. The top of the table says..

Haan/Sire/Hahn/MâleHen/Dam/Henne/Femelle
^^ Male/cock ^^ ................ ^^ Hen/dame^^

ON the side tabs of this described table.. the first one is orange and says "kies kleur.. the next one just below that is green and says "choose color"..

I would do a screen shot and circle the stuff to make it easier.. but despite having the idea and knowing it's possible, I'm not that computer literate/savvy. I do hope this helps or that someone will come along who can better explain how to find the English portion of the page.

Back
Top Bottom