Anyone else in Mississippi?

lol.png
I'm also in Mississippi. Just outside of Corinth. I've also gotten chicks from Ripley at First Monday. Some have been good, some not so good. I've got Cochins, Silkies, Japanese and have just added Polish again.

Glad I'm not the only one in Mississippi!!

Quote:
hello I am not in Mississippi but my wife is from corinth. we live in the north ga area. her dad and the rest of her family still live there. she is actually there right now on visit. her aunt and uncle have lots of chickens( black giant and rir i believe), turkeys, and peafowl. they live in the raymer tn. area which is just north of corinth up wenasoga rd.

Nice to meet you guys. I live in Grenada. Not sure exactly how far that is from corinth. But not too far. I went to ripley looking for goats, I raise nigerian dwarf goats and when I started, I thought getting them from Ripley was a good way to start. I have since changed my mind. But that is another story. I did look at the chickens back then but they were all bunched up in tiny cages and looked awful. I could not stand it. I am too soft hearted. I will never be able to eat my chickens. They are my pets only. I will of course eat any eggs I get. dankindmimi, what color silkies do you raise. I just have whatever hatched from the eggs I got. Looks like some are blue but I don't really know the genetics. They are lighter than black and have light grey underneath. The lady I got them from said that they are technically blue but that they can look darker because of the black that is bred in there?? Like I said, I have no clue. I have one white one that I got from another lady and one of my black ones is a sizzle. It looks like a silkie but has regular feathers instead of silkie and the feathers are curled. You probably already know that though. I would love to see pictures of your chickens. Both of you. Again, nice to meet you guys.

Marie

Forgot to say that I have two Salmon Faverolles too. Love em.

Last edited:
Talmochickens - I know exactally where Ramer is. My husband's family is originally from Ramer. My mother's family lived in that area some when they were little. Who knows we may have kinfolk! Wouldn't that be funny!

Howdy neighbors!

We are just outside of Raymond with our first chicken and will be adding a few more. We received this one from a co-worker who had it in her backyard in the city of Clinton. We have some neighbors with some RIRs and then some with a black, but I don't know the type. Speaking of not knowing the breed, we don't know what we have, but it appears to be some mix of EE and who knows what. See em on the Chicken page.

John

I live in Tupelo. Currently we have: peacocks, ducks, black cochins, turkeys and I don't know what else incubating. Just hatched out about 100 or so RIR's, barred rocks, white rocks and black cochins. We have blue slate turkeys, black cochins, golden phoenix, ducks, and different colored guineas in the back yard. Not too many of us on here, huh? Nice to meet everybody, if you need any of the above listed animals email me.

Seems that most of the MS folks are in North/NE MS. I know there are lots of backyard chicken raisers in MS, but not many on the board. I wouldn't mind having some ducks soon for the island out in the pond, but that will have to come next year.

Speaking of the MB, I was looking for chicks before I ended up ordering from ideal. There were a few that had some pullets, but they were a little too far from me. After I ordered, I received the new bulletin and it of course has a lot more options now, than the 2 august editions.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom