Anyone else keep Impeyan pheasants?

Conecuh River Farm

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2022
I have a pair and they haven't started laying yet. I was thinking of taking some tall grass or sage brush and sticking clumps of it all throughout their enclosure to help give them a little more privacy. What else could help keep them happy and wanting to lay?

Attachments

• 277666972_107441681923447_2481741879226197946_n.jpg
    277666972_107441681923447_2481741879226197946_n.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 18
I have a pair and they haven't started laying yet. I was thinking of taking some tall grass or sage brush and sticking clumps of it all throughout their enclosure to help give them a little more privacy. What else could help keep them happy and wanting to lay?
How old are they? How long have they been paired up?
If a hen feels comfortable and safe, she will lay, Imypeans lay every other day or every 3rd day. Adding cover, like fur, spruce or other conifer trees, branches from the conifers will help them to feel secure. Placing them around the edges on the inside of the pen will help screen out any disruptions going on outside of the pen.

They are 2 this Spring and they have been raised together. I gathered some things today and put in with them. Hopefully that will make them feel a little more secure. I can't wait until they start laying so I can hatch some chicks out from them. Thanks for the input.

I know of a place known as conecuh that makes the sausage I ate yesterday.
Yes, Conecuh Sausage. They're not far from where we're located. Everyone loves that sausage, but I'm not really into it that much. I don't eat a lot of pork, mainly deer sausage, but I used to love Kelley's Sausage better than Conecuh. :)

Back
Top Bottom