Anyone else with a 1588 that reads "off" on the digital display?

Since this thread was brought back up I just want to mention that the 1588 is not recommended to run humidity over 65%. I know a few people that have had to have their thermostat reset because the higher humidity can throw them off.

Since this thread was brought back up I just want to mention that the 1588 is not recommended to run humidity over 65%. I know a few people that have had to have their thermostat reset because the higher humidity can throw them off.
Interesting! Mine is brand new and appears to be off already. I've put my feelers out there to see if that was common, and the general cences has been hit or miss. So I think it's kinda go with what you believe is correct. Humidity wise once mine has condensation in the well where the plug goes through the top appears to be a good level.
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Interesting! Mine is brand new and appears to be off already. I've put my feelers out there to see if that was common, and the general cences has been hit or miss. So I think it's kinda go with what you believe is correct. Humidity wise once mine has condensation in the well where the plug goes through the top appears to be a good level.
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Condensation is a whole lot of humidity, especially during the first 17 days. In my old lg, I could get past 80% with no condensation. During the first 17 days in you are having condensation, the air is so saturated that your eggs will not loose moisture during incubation, your air cells will not grow and the possibility of chicks drowning at hatch time is high. I don't even let my bator build up condensation during hatching.
I just replaced my old lg with the Hovabator 1583 because I like to have high humidity during hatch and didn't want to risk screwing up the components of a 1588.

Condensation is a whole lot of humidity, especially during the first 17 days. In my old lg, I could get past 80% with no condensation. During the first 17 days in you are having condensation, the air is so saturated that your eggs will not loose moisture during incubation, your air cells will not grow and the possibility of chicks drowning at hatch time is high. I don't even let my bator build up condensation during hatching.
I just replaced my old lg with the Hovabator 1583 because I like to have high humidity during hatch and didn't want to risk screwing up the components of a 1588.
Sorry I guess I should have said it was used for lockdown. It ran about 80% with no issues. I only dry incubate and it generally runs 30%-40% on its own days 1-18.

Sorry I guess I should have said it was used for lockdown. It ran about 80% with no issues. I only dry incubate and it generally runs 30%-40% on its own days 1-18.
That's about what I use for my standard chicken eggs. 30-35% and I run dry if I can. If it's too low dry I add a sponge. I shoot for 70-75% lockdown/hatch.

That's about what I use for my standard chicken eggs. 30-35% and I run dry if I can. If it's too low dry I add a sponge. I shoot for 70-75% lockdown/hatch.
We are on the same page there!
1f44d-1f3fb.png

I find with those humidities the chicks do well. I'm on my first round of 4 with a staggered hatch and so far it appears as if I'm going to go 3 for 3 on the first round. I've been incubating in a Farm Innovators 4200 forced air unit. I must say I'm not a big "fan" of it for the temperature control is so touchy. It appears that it ran a tad low as far as temperature goes for the hatch is a day late but they did hatch perfectly healthy which is always good.
1f601.png

Hello....I just had 100% hatch rate on 10 Duck eggs by following the instruction on my 1588.....All Ducklings hatched out great.....

Could be my location......?

I highly recommend the incubator......

Cheers!
Congratulations on the
1f4af.png
% hatch. I as well like the incubator but just wanted to make sure that my calibrated thermometer wasn't lieing to me. The new models actually come with a plastic floor now instead of the metal wire. not sure if anybody here has the newest model or not?

Hello....I just had 100% hatch rate on 10 Duck eggs by following the instruction on my 1588.....All Ducklings hatched out great.....

Could be my location......?

I highly recommend the incubator......

Cheers!
Congratulations on the
1f4af.png
% hatch. I as well like the incubator but just wanted to make sure that my calibrated thermometer wasn't lieing to me. The new models actually come with a plastic floor now instead of the metal wire. not sure if anybody here has the newest model or not?

I also had great help from WVduckchick and Ravynfallen to get me strait....The incubator was fantastic....All babies are great......check out my thread....Duckies are posted....

Thanks!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom