Anyone ever walk their chickens on a leash?

Quote:
lol.png
My family jokes about that with our Shamo all the time. We'd love to get him a diaper too to wander the house now and then, but I believe it won't stay on. I hear diapers need a chicken with a tail that holds them up - Shamos have too low of a tail set to do that. Well, at least, they should.

I know it is kind of a disgrace to say "I want to housebreak a gamecock" but it's true. I just wanna let him in now and then.
lol.png

Oooh yes, I have put a leash on my blind Buff Orpington Hazel (R.I.P.) and I walked her around the yard. The neighbors were giving me funny looks.... I wonder why.
hu.gif

Picture of Hazel:

94962_hammys_and_chickens_088.jpg

Last edited:
love.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Oh I luv her!!!!! That's a great way to keep her safe and still outside. horray for you! good momma.

Ok, as posted earlier, THANKS ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now i need one as well. Bird, oh Bird... you are going to get a leash!!!!!! I bought a Superbird harness awhile back with the loop for a leash, think I willl try it.

What kind of harness did you get for her?

58585_266.jpg

58585_249.jpg

I think he was bowing his head in shame though....
gig.gif

Quote:
lol.png
My family jokes about that with our Shamo all the time. We'd love to get him a diaper too to wander the house now and then, but I believe it won't stay on. I hear diapers need a chicken with a tail that holds them up - Shamos have too low of a tail set to do that. Well, at least, they should.

I know it is kind of a disgrace to say "I want to housebreak a gamecock" but it's true. I just wanna let him in now and then.
lol.png

I understand. They are the coolest kind of chicken ever!

I wouldn't be surprised if this starts a trend! Pretty soon you will see folks taking their flock for a walk around the neighborhood, all on leashes of course, and don't forgot the poop bags! And there will be a new category of job - "Chicken Walker" for when you are at work.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom