Anyone getting eggs yet?

Woo hoo so happy for you farmchick897, maybe you will get them regular now that they have started . I went out to see if there were more in the nest last night before the freeze and
sad.png
sadly there was 2 eggs one was crushes and I got the other one , then dropped it before I made it in that would have made 9 eggs

After all this egg talk we decided to go out and look when we got home this evening. It was already dark so we went out with flashlights. In the far corner of the pasture we found our first egg! We're in the central San Joaquin valley of California.

just got my tenth egg last night, after writing this I went out and saw Elmo laying another egg , very happy,I love watching them lay ,they are so gentle and careful to lay it on the ground without hurting the egg , then she waits till the shell hardens before leaving it . he is watching and as soon as she walks away Ernie starts covering the egg with leaves and twigs .

Last edited:
just got egg number 11 , they are on a roll , last year I hadn't had an egg till Dec , this year they started Nov 1st , my girls are doing great I hope everyone else has as much luck with there's

Back
Top Bottom