Anyone getting eggs yet?

mine do unless she doesn't like them disappearing , then she will start a new spot but they all are different I have 4 girls ,I have one that likes to lay in the shelter and the others have a spot they like but normally they keep the same spot on my farm .however when my emu start laying there is a space from the first and the second or third sometimes it is up to 3 weeks depending on the weather. good luck

Egg #5 680g, still waiting for my second pair to start, they are both two years old three in April. At what age have most of your emus begun to lay?

mine started 2 years old but I had one to start at the age of 1 year , but most started when they turn 2

Second egg was laid yesterday. 522g. Still not as large as some of yours. Hoping they get larger. Has anybody had smaller eggs hatch?

Last edited:
got 2 more eggs today that makes 13 eggs since November, I got to watch Elmo lay another one today , I am still just amazed every time I watch her , she is so careful and puts her body in an upright position while gently placing the egg on the ground . so graceful I just never get tired of watching. she seamed to be straining more this time so I was worried and decided to go over and see if she was OK , when I got over there she placed it on the ground and looked at me as if to say see what I did for you .
smile.png

I see you are in Lucedal MS ,wish you were closer I would be able to give you some , however you might check craigslist and see if you can find some ,they will ship them to you ,good luck they are awesome big birds I have 7

Back
Top Bottom