Anyone have "The Bungalow" coop from mypetchicken?

I'm a little shocked because I literally ordered the coop late Sunday night (so they couldn't have even processed it until Monday), and I just got a call from UPS Freight to set up a time for delivery! How the heck did the coop get to CA from Delaware in one day??!!

They are delivering it Thursday between 9-5, but they said that if we leave a note that they are allowed to leave it on our porch, we don't have to wait at home all day. Crazy!

I hate you.
tongue.gif
Seriously, thats very cool! I ordered on a Friday night, got a call a week later to schedule delivery...or was it 2 weeks? Anyhow, took 2 or 3 weeks to finally get here. You got UPS freight? Mine was a private delivery service?? Dont think it was from DE, either...they're in Ohio.

Haha- they are in Delaware, Ohio! I just saw Delaware! Yeah, I have no idea how it's here already- maybe they have a CA shipping location or something. Hopefully it's really here!

I got the Bungalow coop from mypetchicken. It shipped and arrived quickly, was terribly expensive for the quality. Really, really thin wood. Chick size. Not chickens. I got the attached run also but I don't think you should have more than two full grown chickens in it unless they are going to be out roaming around all day. Also,, certainly not sturdy enough or well-built enough for cold weather (north west). If you are only going to have 2 or 3 chickens, in a warm climate, with access to range all day, and you have a stupid amount of money available for what you get, then get the Bungalow. On the other hand, it was easy for one person to put together. Thumbs down overall.

I got the Bungalow coop from mypetchicken. It shipped and arrived quickly, was terribly expensive for the quality. Really, really thin wood. Chick size. Not chickens. I got the attached run also but I don't think you should have more than two full grown chickens in it unless they are going to be out roaming around all day. Also,, certainly not sturdy enough or well-built enough for cold weather (north west). If you are only going to have 2 or 3 chickens, in a warm climate, with access to range all day, and you have a stupid amount of money available for what you get, then get the Bungalow. On the other hand, it was easy for one person to put together. Thumbs down overall.

Glad neither of us got it!

Just a suggestion, you can build your own coop. I know it might sound tough but there are so many resources on this site and so many people that will help walk you through it. I learned the hard way, I bought a pre fab coop when I started it was very poor quality I had to replace it in one year. When I replaced it I built my own and it is a 100% improvement. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Did you actually get the Bungalow Chicken Coop by My Pet Chicken. We had our four chickens in a hutch and built a large run; but we've wintered them at a friend, and they need to come back. Since my husband and I aren't the handiest, I thought to break down and buy. There are so many houses out there. The bungalow seemed the best because we have a large run already. I see you bought awhile ago. I'd love to know if the coop held up and what you needed to do with it. We live in Michigan and get lots of snow and rain. I'm retired so I don't want to spend more than $400. Thanks and hope your chickens have fared well!
Miriam

Back
Top Bottom