Anyone have "The Bungalow" coop from mypetchicken?

I've just posted a question about the Bungalow Chicken Coop. I'd love to hear from anyone who has bought re: the best chicken coops for four chickens, particularly ones good in cold weather. We do have left-over shingles, so I'm figuring I'll need them; and, like I said above, we have a large run. I'm only interested in the coop. They are two Rhode Island Red and two Barred Rocks, and they are pretty big girls now.

I got it but it didn't last long. Parts of it broke, very thin (almost) wood. Way too small for four chickens. Too wimpy for winter. I felt so bad for the chickens that I sold it for a huge loss. Wouldn't recommend it at all. I liked the features of it but the construction was poor. i would suggest taking those features and others you find on the forums that you like to a local handyman and have them build a decent one for you. Won't cost any more than buying one and it will be better quality.

I bought this coop and have been using it for a few months now. I actually found this thread after searching for modifications people may have made to it. It's a decent size for my 3 silkies but they have a large run, So they are only in it at night and to lay an egg. My issue with it is that the nesting boxes are slightly higher than the perch bars which means my nest boxes are always full of poo! There doesn't seem to be an easy way to raise the perches because there is no wall to attach it to on the nest box side of the "wall" since it's open for them to enter the nesting area. If anyone has found a remedy for this I'd love to see pics! Also, I used this coop inside as a brooder (with half the roof off)when they were baby chicks and it worked fantastic!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom